Please See COVID-19 Update
There are times in our lives when we all go through a rough spot and may need to ask for help. Our ministry's goal is to assist those in need, whether it is due to poverty or just a circumstance such as a job loss. Our goal is to help get our neighbor back on track.
We are not licensed social workers. We are volunteers, called Vincentians, that give our time and talents providing community resource information. We help with rent, utilities, food and other types of assistance.
You can request assistance by calling our ministry line 512-868-1964 on Mondays and Wednesdays between the hours of 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. If you have an emergency, leave a message and someone will call you back as promptly as possible.
A Georgetown resident living within the following zip codes: 78626, 78627, 78628 and 78633. If your zip code is not included above, you may call The Vincentian Center at 512-251-6995 to find assistance in your area.
Note: If you have been previously helped by SVDP, you may be told it is too soon to be helped again.
1. The volunteer will call you and set up an appointment for an in-home visit. You will need a photo ID and copies of any bills, lease, etc.
2. A two-person team will meet with you and listen compassionately to what is taking place in your life currently, which has resulted in your needing assistance.
3. The team will take notes during the visit and will ask you about your financial situation (income vs expenses) to help us better advise you as well determine what assistance SVDP can provide.
4. If the team decides to request a payment from our treasurer for a bill, pertinent information such as the account number and mailing addresses for a bill will be needed.
5. The team will provide you with information regarding other community services that may be of help. We may also provide budgeting guidance and information regarding upcoming community workshops, educational opportunities, job opportunities, counseling services, medical services, etc.
6. And finally, before leaving we will ask if you would like to say a short prayer. We believe that "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Matthew 18:20. If you decline, that is perfectly OK. We thank you for the opportunity and privilege to come into your home and visit with you.